Roasted Bell Pepper and Tomato Soup
#RedWeek continues with this SUPER SOUP! ❤️🍅💃🙌 I love adding everyday superfoods to make meals even MORE nourishing. This Tomato Soup isn’t JUST tomatoes. There’s also red pepper and chioggia beet… which means extra nutrients! 💪
Have you seen these candy stripe beets before? 💗💗💗💗💗 They’re a special kind of beet called Chiogga beets — from Italy! And they are pink and white striped inside. And the crazy part? You’d have no idea by looking at the outside! On the outside, they are solid, bright red — more like a red crayon than a traditional, more marroon-colored beet. 🖍️
💃 And they’re a little sweeter and less earthy too… which is a major win for kids and grown-ups alike! 🙌 You can eat them raw or roast them… or saute them in a pan. Ooooo or pickle them.
This soup was recently featured in Thrive Magazine:
I love how creamy it is, even though it’s vegan!
Other tomato recipes to try:
Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- high speed blender
- 3 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 chioggia beet
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp everything-but-the-bagel seasoning
- 2 cups veggie "no chicken" broth or sub chicken stock
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar optional
For the yogurt drizzle
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt vegan or Greek
- 2 tbsp milk of choice I used oatmilk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the beet and bell pepper, then lay them with the tomatoes in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle on the sesame seasoning blend. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Once the veggies are roasted, add them into a high speed blender with the broth, garlic, and coconut sugar. Blend until smooth. Pour into bowls.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt drizzle ingredients. Whisk. Then, drizzle over the tomato soup. Enjoy!