Crispy Tofu with Pink Rice
PINKALICIOUS 😻😻😻 // We are OBSESSED with this Hello Kitty plate from Bumkins Baby. It is so cute, but also soooo functional. Look how perfect the little bow sections are for dips and small bites!
☑️ MOM TIP: Use bagged broccoli slaw for an easy, veggie-packed side. 🥦I just saute it in a bit of toasted sesame oil and it is DELISH — shredded broccoli stems, carrots, and cabbage that kiddos and grown-ups devour — in under 5 minutes. I make this once a week! 💃
🍚 I served the sauteed broccoli slaw with pink rice (just add a Tbsp of pitaya powder to the rice maker when it’s cooking!), crispy tofu (recipe below), and Thai chili sauce for dipping.
Want other rice recipes?
Try my Tropical Fried Rice.
Or my sesame seaweed rice.
Or my blue sushi rice.
Who says rice has to be boring?!
- 14 oz extra firm organic tofu
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp everything-but-the-bagel seasoning
- First, drain the water out of the tofu container. Then, place the rectangular block of tofu onto a cutting board. Slice into 3/4 inch wide strips.
- On a paper towel-lined, microwavable plate, lay the tofu strips flat in a single layer. Top with another paper towel. Microwave for 90 seconds. Then, dry the tofu slices (without squeezing) with another paper towel. Transfer the slices back onto a cutting board. Then, cut longways in half and then into cubes.
- Once cubed, sprinkle half of the potato starch onto the tops of the tofu. Using a spatula, flip the cubes over and sprinkle on the other half of the potato starch. Sprinkle with seasoning.-Heat a large skillet pan over medium high heat and add in the oils. Add in the tofu cubes in a single layer, keeping them from touching each other as much as possible.
- Saute for 5 – 7 minutes, checking every once in awhile to see if they are starting to get golden brown on the bottom. Once you see they're crisping up and turning light brown, flip over all the pieces to crisp up the other side.
- Serve hot — with pink rice, sauteed broccoli slaw, and Thai chili sauce.