Broccoli Cheddar Soup
THE MOST REQUESTED MEAL AT OUR HOUSE IS… this Broccoli Cheddar Soup! 💚🌱🥦🥒🍏🥑 Annnnnnnnd, it’s perfect for #GreenWeek!
I love adding everyday superfoods to make meals even MORE nourishing. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup isn’t JUST broccoli and cheese. There’s also spinach + lentils + quinoa + greek yogurt… which means extra protein, extra veggies, and extra nutrients. And it’s Babycakes’ absolute favvvvvvvv, so she devours it happily without complaining or arguing <—– #winning
It’s even perfect for the lunchbox — just use the thermos part of the OmieBox!
This recipe is from my cookbook, Superfood Weeknight Meals. And it’s what I based these waffles on! 🧇
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli cooked and divided
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp onion powder or sub fresh
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the spinach and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until soft and wilted, but not brown. Transfer to a blender.
- Also to the blender with the spinach, add 2 cups of broccoli, the Quinoa, chicken broth, almond meal, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and sea salt. Blend until smooth. Pour the blended mixture into a large stockpot over medium high heat.
- Coarsely chop the remaining 2 cups of broccoli and add it to the stockpot. Stir in 2 cups of Cheddar cheese, the yogurt, and butter. Heat for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted completely. Serve hot.
🌱 To make it plant-based: swap in @imaginesoups veggie “no chicken” broth, use vegan “cheddar like” shreds from @violife_foods_usa, and @meltorganic butter. You can omit the Greek yogurt altogether, or sub in @followyourheart sour cream.
2 thoughts on “Broccoli Cheddar Soup”
There is no broccoli in the ingredient list but it says 4 cups of spinach cooked and divided. The first step says to cook the spinach and add it to the blender but how do you divide it? It never says anything more about adding additional spinach. Is the broccoli in step 2 cooked or raw? This sounds like a delicious recipe but I’m confused about the spinach and broccoli.
Sorry about that! It was a typo. You need 4 cups of spinach PLUS 4 cups of steamed broccoli. I edited the recipe; thanks for letting me know.