Golden Beet Hummus
Family doesn’t like beets? Try switching in GOLDEN beets! ☀️☀️☀️The color is gorgeous and the taste is more mild… ie. less dirt taste! 😜😜👌👌🌱🌱
I made a golden beet hummus last week and my beet-hating hubby and daughter both LOVED it and DEVOURED it! 💃 Babycakes even said, “You should make this more often, Mommy.”
On this snack plate:
🌟 @hodofoods nugget
🌟 golden beet hummus (recipe below)
🌟 sweet potato crisps
🌟 side of blueberries
☑️ A few tips for getting kids used to new foods:
1) offer just a small amount (like the tofu nugget on this @kizingokids nudge plate!). It’s less intimidating when it’s just a bite or two instead of a full plate.
2) pair it with an adorable @nutridashe food pick “friend” 🥕
3) repeat — sometimes it can take 15+ tries to get kids used to a new texture or flavor. 💪
4) mix things up —- they don’t like the texture of tofu? Try making a crispy version! 💃
Roasted Golden Beet Hummus
- 1.5 medium golden beets roasted*
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 15 oz chickpeas drain, but reserve the liquid
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp reserved chickpea liquid or more depending on desired consistency
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Thai chili wing sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Serve with crackers or pita.
3 thoughts on “Golden Beet Hummus”
[…] Try Kelly’s golden beet hummus. […]
This recipe is simple and delicious and the kids enjoyed making it! We swapped chickpeas for white beans so it was extra creamy and added a little lemon juice to brighten it up.
Sounds perfect! I’m glad you liked it!!